SCLTC RISE Resources
Project ECHO at Penn State College of Medicine launched the Long-Term Care RISE series on March 3, 2022, with weekly sessions taking place on Thursdays from 1-2 p.m. This series seeks to empower facility administration and staff to improve health outcomes for residents facing challenges related to age-friendly care. Care for older adults can become more complex and they risk suffering harm while in long-term care. Providing a reliable system to train staff in caring for older patients has important implications for individuals and is a critical need.
The Long-Term Care RISE ECHO provides an innovative and evidence-based approach to increasing high-quality care for residents by bringing together specialists and non-specialists to improve care for residents in the communities where they live.
Register for this series at: https://redcap.link/LTCRISE23-24
Please find the resources shared at each session below:
South Central LTC RISE Office Hours and Resources
South Central LTC RISE hosts Office Hours with Dr. Niki Osevala weekly on Fridays from 12-12:30pm. Please contact us if you would like to attend!
Infection Prevention Office Hours
HAPevolve, in collaboration with Penn Medicine/Temple Health and Penn State Health LTC RISE programs, are excited to host monthly Infection Prevention Office Hours. These office hours provide a streamlined channel to connect long term care staff dedicated to improving Infection Control across a multiregional platform.
Below are slides from our previous IP Office Hours sessions:
- 8.18.23 Vaccines IP office hours
- 7.21.23 TB screening office hours
- 7.7.23 survey results office hours
- 6.23.23 Enhanced Barrier Precautions IP office hours
- 6.9.23 HAN 694 IP office hours
- 5.12.23 Med safety IP office hours
- 4.28.23 C auris IP office hours-part 2 (1)
- 4.14.23 C auris IP office hours-final
- 3.31.23 CleanDisinfect IP office hours
- 3.3.23 CDI IP office hours
- Daily Huddle Component Kit
- Detecting Change in a Resident’s Condition
- Huddles Tip Sheet
- Improving Patient Safety and Team Communication through Daily Huddles
- Nursing Home “Huddles Up” to Improve Health Outcomes
- Optimizing Huddle Engagement through Leadership and Problem-solving within Primary Care: A Study Protocol for a Cluster Randomized Trial
- Stop and Watch Tool
Dementia Care Resources
- Alzheimer’s Association Dementia Care Practice Recommendations
- DementiaLIVE – Dementia Simulation Experience
- Emotion-Focused Communication Training (Preference Based Living)
- Nursing Home Toolkit – Promoting Positive Behavioral Health
- Preferences for Everyday Living (PELI) Assessment Tool
- Sample Negotiated Risk Agreement form
- Sample Refusal to Follow Physician Orders form (word)
- Dementia Care Mapping
- Research shows Adapted Tango program alters balance control in Parkinson’s disease patients
- Resources to Practice Age-Friendly Care
- Validation therapy
Have a question or need more information? We're here to help.
"*" indicates required fields